The word “core” doesn’t remain limited to the abdominals but it refers to the entire front part of the body. Thus, to have a well-toned hip, chest, and abdominals, a plank is one of the most effective workouts. Plank exercises help to make the core stiff. But before trying other variations of a TRX plank, it is important to gain expertise in the basic one. Here are the different types of planks using the yellow straps.
Top 5 Plank Exercise: TRX Plank
- Let the straps be in between the knee and the ankle.
- Your face should be away from the anchor point.
- Put the toes in the cradles.
- And place the hands underneath the shoulders.
- Twist the shoulders until you feel the impact on the girdle.
- Keep the torso tight and lift the feet into a plank position by holding the feet into the foot cradles.
- Now hold the position for some time.
- Continue to stay in this position as long as you can.
Top 5 Plank Exercise: TRX Side Plank
- Placing the straps on the midcalf, lie down in such a way that your hip is in the same line as to the anchor point.
- The leg that is nearest to the anchor point is in front of the back leg.
- Take the elbow further down the shoulder.
- Put the feet on the foot cradles and squeeze them together.
- Hold your head straight.
- Be in the plank for 9 to 10 seconds.
- Continue maintaining this position as long as you can.
Top 5 Plank Exercise: Side-Angle Plank
- Keep the strap in between the knee and feet.
- Stretch yourself on the floor.
- Face the anchor.
- Place the right arm inside the cradles.
- Take the help of the left arm to get into the plank position.
- Spread the legs and keep some gap between them.
- Make sure the torso doesn’t rotate.
- Now spread the left arm.
- Hold this position while lifting and spreading the left arm.
- Continue doing this plank for 8 to 10 seconds.
- Lengthen the strap as much as you can and keep your face away from the anchor point.
- Let your forearms inside the cradles.
- Let your elbows be in the same line as the shoulders.
- Press the ribs in the direction of the hips.
- Form a torso and face the anchor.
- This will create load but will also help in maintaining the perfect plank.
Single-Leg Plank With Alternating Elbow Tap
- Stand in a position that your face is away from the anchor point.
- Lie down on the floor and put your hands below the shoulders.
- Now, put your right foot inside the foot cradle.
- Pack both the shoulders and push down into the foot cradles.
- Let your right knee be near the right elbow.
- Pause for a while.
- Raise your knee and bring it to the left elbow.
- Wait for a while.
- Get back to the right side of the elbow.
- Continue this plank position as long as you can.
Hope this article helps you to understand the various types of TRX plank workouts that everyone can try!